TecCom Studies is a multidisciplinary journal on communication and technology therefore scientific articles from different realms of study are published. The preferably publishes articles in Spanish although articles in Portuguese and English are also accepted.
• We welcome original articles that haven’t been published before that boost the development of new lines of investigation or might originate superior ones.• Articles should be written in Spanish, English or Portuguese.• Articles describing methodologically adequate empirical studies or theoretical ones relating classical theories with the latest developments.• Authors of articles should be prepared to address comments and make required changes to their manuscripts, if the coordination and/or evaluation committee asks them to do so.
The articles should possess an approximate 2000 to 4000 word extension which should include the articles abstract and key word section in the original language as well as in English, footnotes and reference section, approximately 8 to 12 pages long.
• Arial font, size 12, Word 2003 o Word compatible format.• The article presentation should be organized as follows:. Title, as illustrative and concise as possible, first written in the original article language and then repeated in English.. Abstract in the original article language, maximum 100 words, then the same text translated into English. Each abstract should include keyword section.• Structure: empirical investigations and studies should include at least the following sections: problem or object of study, background and hypothesis, method, results, discussion and conclusion.• Names, symbols and nomenclature appropriate for each field of study.• Citations in text: quotation marks are to be used with quoted passages; Surname and first name initials, date of publication and page reference in ellipsis mark. • Figures, tables, photos, etc. can be used to augment the presentation of the results. They should be numbered according to type in the order they are first mentioned in the text and embedded in the text. Authors should be prepared to modify them if page formatting and design require it. Figures, tables and alike should not occupy more tan thirty percent of the article extension. Please attach the media files in a separate file in one of the following formats jpg, gif, png.• Original video material can also be included to promote the multimedia elements of the journal, however, no more than 3 videos per article will be accepted. If the video material is not property of the authors they should include the authors’ authorization to use it as well as the links and embed codes for the corpus of the electronic magazine. • When footnotes are used they should be enclosed at the end of the article, just before the reference section. • The list of references should be arranged alphabetically. All the in text citation references should be included in this section. The standard style rule is as follows:
• First surname of the author in capital letters (comma), using initials for the first and middle names (full stop), year of publication (colon), italicized title of the book (full stop), location (colon), publisher (full stop).Example: CASTILLO, L. A. (2005): La publicación de trabajos científicos. Madrid: Horizonte.. If more that one author, same as above, but insert ampersand before the last author’s name.. If more tan three authors it would be enough to include “et al.”.
• First surname of the author in capital letters (comma), using initials for the first and middle names (full stop), year of publication (colon), title of the book (full stop),”In” followed by the initials of the editor’s name (full stop), editor’s surname followed by (Eds.) (colon), italicized or underlined book title in parenthesis the pages corresponding to the chapter (full stop), location (colon), publisher (full stop). Example: OLMO, S. (2004): El mundo del derecho. En J. Carvajal (Comp.): El derecho a debate (pp. 126-149). Madrid: Ley.
• First surname of the author in capital letters (comma), using initials for the first and middle names (full stop), year of publication (colon), title in quotation marks (comma), italicized journal name (comma), volume location (comma) and page numbers (full stop).Example: SOTOMAYOR, P. (2004): “La elaboración de trabajos en la enseñanza universitaria”, Revista Iberoamericana de Psicopedagogía, vol. 6, n º 2, pp. 3-26.
Apart from the information required above make sure to indicate the exact URL and date.Example: http://www.ucm.es/info/status, 18/12/2010Any additional information can be retrieves from the APA (American Psychological Association) web page: http://www.apastyle.org/
Make sure to include authors’ names, affiliation of all authors, contact details (e-mail). A photo of the author should also be included as well as brief CV (mini biography) and social network information. The system of geolocation will be applied to the corresponding link.
The received articles will be peer reviewed. Double-blinded review will be used and a report stating the reasons for acceptance or rejection will be sent to the authors. A list of the members of the scientific committees will be updated annually. If any modifications are required before publishing the article will be reviewed by the scientific committee after its subsequent submission.
- email 1:
- email 2:
Mailing address: Revista Teccom Studies Departamento de Periodismo IIFacultad Ciencias de la Información Universidad Complutense de MadridDespacho C-220Avda. Complutense s/n, 28040, Madrid.
TecCom Studies se encuentra bajo una Licencia Creative Commons Reconocimiento-No Comercial-Sin ObraDerivada 3.0 Unported.
Diseño y gestión, Funkycom.